Wellington plumbers, Paramount Plumbing, are emergency plumbers in Wellington, Porirua, Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt.
If you have a plumbing emergency, here are five things you can do:
1. Turn off the water: This will help stop the flow of water and prevent further damage. Make sure you know where to turn the water off to your property. In Wellington there is usually a “toby” on your property’s boundary.
2. Find the source of the problem: This will help you know what needs to be fixed.
If you suspect that the problem is related to gas, such as your gas hot water system, please tell us when you call.
3. Call a Wellington Plumber: Plumbing emergencies can be complex and challenging to fix on your own. It’s best to call a professional for help.
- Plumbers in Wellington are aware of local water and drainage issues and have the experience and knowledge to quickly diagnose and fix any problem.
- Calling a plumber can save you time and money. Plumbers can often fix problems that homeowners attempt to fix themselves, but end up making worse. Sadly, there are many myths out there which often cause plumbing issues rather than fixing them.
- Plumbers have the right tools and equipment to get the job done right. Most homeowners don’t have the specialized tools needed to fix plumbing problems.
- Plumbers can help prevent future problems. Many times, plumbers can spot potential problems and take measures to prevent them from happening.
- Plumbers can provide peace of mind. Once you have a professional take care of your plumbing problem, you’ll know it was fixed correctly and won’t have to worry about it again. The parts and labour will also be covered by warranty.
Availability of parts: Be aware that we may need to replace items that we do not carry in stock. If we have to replace your hot water cylinder, it might take 24-48 hours to source the right model for your home.
4. Be prepared to pay: Plumbing emergencies often come at inconvenient times, requiring your plumber to leave the job they are doing, or to leave their warm, cosy bed! Be prepared to pay for their rapid response and the repairs.
5. Have patience: Plumbing emergencies can be frustrating. Call outs in Wellington frequently require a reasonable amount of travel, especially if they’re out to the Hutt Valley or Porirua. Have patience and work with your plumbing professional to get the problem fixed as quickly as possible.
About Paramount Plumbing
Paramount Plumbing and Gas are leading Plumbers in Wellington, founded to provide an unrivalled, top-quality service to homes and businesses alike. We’re proud of every job we do, whether it’s fixing emergency leaks, performing repairs or working on major installations.